The Visual Arts program at Summit School offers students, at their own personal level, a safe environment to pioneer their artistic expression. The children also enhance their academic performance through:
• Fostering originality and creativity
• Bolstering confidence in their own ideas and improving self-esteem
• Encouraging independence and problem solving skills
• Encouraging community collaboration
• Improving fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination
• Encouraging creativity through memory, observation, and imagination
Visual Arts facilities at Summit include two art studios, a ceramics/pottery studio, and a photography classroom. In studio art, students from all divisions explore a variety of media.