Camp Pathfinder 2018
From 9 am to 12 pm during the weeks of June 18, 25, (no camp the week of July 2), July 9, 16, and 23, fifty campers will participate in a daily, five-week Orton-Gillingham instructional program, which will include one hour of one-on-one tutorial, a supervised study hall to practice skills and a Science, Technology, Art, Engineering and Math (STEAM) based activity. An afternoon program from 12-3 pm, which includes field trips, games and other out of door activities will be offered at an additional cost.
Students interested in attending Camp Pathfinder must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a rising 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th grade student
- Tour and interview with the camp director*
- Meet academic learning profile with documentation from formal evaluation or participate in screener provided during tour and interview session*
- Provide a teacher recommendation*
- If available, provide school assessments: Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) and the Text Reading Comprehension (TRC) assessments.*
- Attend the camp for the weeks of June 18, 25, (off week of July 2), July 9, 16, and 23, 2018
- Have English as the primary language spoken at home
- Have at least one adult who can read with them at home
- Have transportation to and from Summit School
- Current Summit and Triad families click here to apply.
- All other applicants, complete an application by clicking here.
*Not required for Summit students who attend Triad Academy
Interested in being a teacher for Camp Pathfinder? The applications for our Associate Level Orton-Gillingham training have closed. If you would like to be added to our interest list for future Orton-Gillingham trainings, please click here.
For questions about admission to Camp Pathfinder, please contact Sam Merrick, email@example.com.