Camp Pathfinder 2019
From 9 am to 12 pm during weeks of June 24, (no camp the week of July 1st), July 8, 15, and 22, fifty campers will participate in a daily, four-week Orton-Gillingham instructional program, which will include one hour of one-on-one tutorial, a supervised study hall to practice skills and a Science, Technology, Art, Engineering and Math (STEAM) based activity. An afternoon program from 12-3 pm, which includes field trips, games and other out of door activities will be offered at an additional cost.
Camp Pathfinder enrollment is nearing capacity, we are currently accepting waitlist applications. Please apply using the application linked below, but refrain from sending a deposit with your application. Students interested in attending Camp Pathfinder must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a rising 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade student
- Tour and interview with the Admissions Director
- Meet academic learning profile with documentation from formal evaluation or participate in screener provided during tour and interview session*
- Provide a teacher recommendation*
- If available, provide school assessments: Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) and the Text Reading Comprehension (TRC) assessments.*
- Attend camp for the weeks of June 24, (no camp the week of July 1st), July 8, 15, and 22, 2019
- Have English as the primary language spoken at home
- Have at least one adult who can read with them at home
- Have transportation to and from Summit School
- Current Summit and Triad families click here to apply.
- All other applicants, complete an application by clicking here.
*Not required for Summit students who attend Triad Academy
Interested in being a teacher for Camp Pathfinder? The applications for our Associate Level Orton-Gillingham training have closed. If you would like to be added to our interest list for future Orton-Gillingham trainings, please click here.
For questions about admission to Camp Pathfinder, please contact Karen Pranikoff, [email protected].