We are offering 27 classes for Eaglets-5th Grade in a wide variety of subjects including sports, fishing, 3D Design, gymnastics, sewing, chorus, sign language and more!
Registration for Fall 2019 is currently open on Summit's Active.com site.
Check out our 25% Discount for 9 classes.
For those who have registered, find Parent Info Sheets for each class HERE.
The Summit Afternoon Academy offers after-school activities for Eaglets (3s) to 5th Grade students. These high-quality, on-site enrichment classes focus on meaningful experiences in a wide variety of topics.
Afternoon Academy (also known as, AF AC) classes generally meet once a week for one hour immediately following dismissal. Sessions run for approximately ten weeks in two separate sessions. Fall classes are announced on our website in mid-August and run from September through December. Spring classes are announced in late December and run from February through May.
AF AC classes are led by qualified, experienced instructors; many are current Summit faculty. Students from any school are welcome to participate. Fees are competitive with other community programs. Students enrolled in the Summit Afterschool Program may choose a discounted fee when registering for the Afternoon Academy.
Individual music lessons are available at Summit at the end of each school day. Instruction is offered in a wide variety of instruments. Lessons will be tailored to suit each child's special interests and needs. Our friendly, qualified teachers provide 30-minute weekly lessons that allow children to explore their inner musician.
Fees are billed to parents' Summit account. Students from other schools are welcome, too. Lessons are $30 for a 30-minute lesson. Contact Jeff Turner, Director of Co-Curricular Programs, to inquire about lessons. Lessons are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Instructors and Instruments (limited spots available as of September 2019)
Kevin Beck- guitar and ukulele
Brian Haskell- piano and guitar
Dan Hitchcock- saxophone, clarinet, guitar, piano
Drew Holgate- guitar
Trevor Keitt- piano and percussion
William Kossler- guitar
Delphine Skene- violin
Kevin Timmons- piano and guitar
Nathaniel Ward- guitar, bass guitar, mandolin
- Classes are open to students from all schools. Home school students are welcome.
- Registration opens to Summit families first. Registration for children from other schools begins two days later.
- All classes are open to boys and girls, unless otherwise designated.
- All classes have enrollment limits and many fill quickly.
- Choosing a waitlist spot does not require any payment or the obligation to enroll if spots open. (see below)
- Summit will publish Information Sheets for each class on the Afternoon Academy webpage. These documents will include class location, teacher, teacher contact, what to bring, what to wear, where to meet, where to pick up, performances, etc.
- Late registration continues after classes begin for classes that are not full.
- All offerings are contingent upon adequate enrollment. Should a class be canceled, Summit will extend a full refund or credit toward another class.
- To arrange childcare for classes that begin after a Summit child’s regular dismissal, please contact the Director of Summit Afterschool Wendy Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about Summit Afterschool options. Keep in mind that all Afterschool programs charge a fee and are subject to availability.
- Registration is completed through our Active.com site and requires a debit or credit card.
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of registration.
- The remaining 50% will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on October (for Fall 2019 classes).
- Each class carries a non-refundable registration fee of 10% of the total class fee.
- Afternoon Academy finances are separate from regular Summit School accounts. Contact the Co-Curricular Program Office at 336 722-2777 if you have any payment questions or need paperwork for taxes.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- To remove a child from a class, the parent or guardian should request the change in writing by email, fax, or letter. Please send to Jeff Turner at email@example.com, FAX 336-724-0099 or 2100 Reynolda Road, Winston-Salem NC 27106.
- If no such request is made, parents are responsible for the total fee whether a child attends class or not.
- Refunds requested before the fourth class session are prorated based on number of classes and administrative costs. Summit retains 10% of total cost per class as a non-refundable registration fee. There are no refunds after the fourth class.
- Fees are not transferable to siblings, other children or other accounts.
- Refunds, discounts or make-ups are not given for participant absences.
- All classes have enrollment limits. This provides an optimal teacher-student ratio.
- Our online registration system will designate full classes with a grey “Waitlist” button. Click the button to register for the waitlist.
- There is no payment required for waitlists. There is no obligation to accept a spot if it opens.
- If a spot opens, the first person on the waitlist will be given the opportunity to register. Contact will be made by phone or email. Those remaining on the list will be called if there is room.
- Summit reschedules classes from time to time due to teacher illness or other circumstances. Communication about canceled classes occurs by email using the email addresses provided during registration. For late cancellations, phone numbers may be used for a group text.
- We make every effort to make up missed classes caused by Summit or the instructor. In such cases Summit may add time to a class or add a class to the schedule (usually on the same day of the week).
- If a class is canceled due to inclement weather, make up classes are not guaranteed and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Make-ups are not given if a participant misses a class.
Last update: August 22, 2019