The best way to learn more about Summit is to visit and tour our campus. Personal tours are available by appointment during school hours.
Parents are required to visit and tour the school and meet with a member of the Admissions staff as a first step in the process. During the Parent Visit, you will have an individual meeting with a member of our staff. This is your chance to tell us about your child and to ask any specific questions about our program or particular areas of interest. It is recommended that for this first meeting, parents come without their children.
Families interested in Triad Academy should schedule tours with Karen Pranikoff at 336-722-2777, x1508.
1. We use no single criterion to evaluate applicants. We seek a student group diverse in talents, background and outlook. The school encourages students of any race, religion, color and national or ethnic origin.
2. We give first consideration to brothers and sisters of students currently enrolled at Summit and to children of Summit staff. We expect parents of each sibling applicant to apply and enroll at the earliest date of entry offered; otherwise we will include the applicant in the next categories of children to be considered.
3. We seek to be accepting of all applicants. Summit School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies, financial aid programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.
4. We give consideration to children of alumni, as well as to children of brothers and sisters of our alumni.
5. We try to keep an even balance of boys and girls in each class.
6. The date of application is not a primary criterion for consideration. However, early application is encouraged as the full admission process may take several weeks to complete.
7. We give first consideration for tutoring services to currently enrolled Summit students. Second consideration for tutoring is given to students who have been accepted to a division of Summit School but are in a waiting pool for enrollment. More information about tutoring services can be found under the Triad Academy Division admissions policies.