Camp Pathfinder 2017
Triad Academy at Summit School’s Camp Pathfinder is a unique educational and recreational summer program for students in rising 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grades who have difficulty with reading and writing.
From 9 am to 12 pm during the weeks of June 19, 26,(no camp the week of July 3), July 10, 17, and 24, fifty campers will participate in a daily, five-week Orton-Gillingham instructional program, which will include one hour of one-on-one tutorial, a supervised study hall to practice skills and a Science, Technology, Art, Engineering and Math (STEAM) based activity. An afternoon program from 12-3 pm, which includes field trips, games and other out of door activities will be offered at an additional cost.
Students interested in attending Camp Pathfinder must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a rising 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th grade student
- Tour and interview with the camp director*
- Meet academic learning profile with documentation from formal evaluation or participate in screener provided during tour and interview session*
- Provide a teacher recommendation*
- Attend the camp for the weeks of June 19, 26, (off week of July 3), July 10, 17, and 24, 2017
- Have English as the primary language spoken at home
- Have at least one adult who can read with them at home
- Have transportation to and from Summit School
- Current Summit and Triad families click here to apply.
- All other applicants, complete an application by clicking here.
*Not required for Summit students who attend Triad Academy
For questions about admission to Camp Pathfinder, please contact Sam Merrick, firstname.lastname@example.org.